There are a number of factors to take into consideration when prepping yourself and your company to approach the largest clients you’ll ever work with. Are You On The Right Path?
Today we’re going to start with a brief look at the three paths every business faces and show you which one is the path to success. Then we’ll talk about the mindset it takes to attract the big fish.
There are three major paths a business can take:
• Snail Speed
• Shooting Star
• Catch the Big Fish
Most business owners ended up working themselves into the ground without much reward or success. This is what happens when you fool yourself into thinking you will find quick success. You may also find yourself following this path when you are afraid of change.
This describes a business that shoots to the top so fast you are overwhelmed and don’t have the right resources in place to adapt. This can also happen from being overwhelmed by small clients and not taking the time to find large clients, which will sustain your business after the small client sales slow.
Catch the Big Fish
This is the path that allows you to build at a steady pace that you can manage by not allowing your customers to outpace you.
You can do this by putting these tips to work:
– Attract, keep and lock in big clients.
– Integrate “big business” culture into your company and employees.
– Acquire the expertise you need to grow.Have the courage to make changes as you grow.
Now we are going to transition a bit and talk about the “big fish” mindset. It may sound easy to just find and catch that big fish, but if you are stuck in the small business mindset, you may find it harder than you think.
Think of all the benefits of aiming at bigger clients:
• Highly Profitable
In order to catch the big fish, you need to believe your company can make a difference with theirs. It’s easy to get into the thought that a large company doesn’t need anything from a small business like yours, but this is entirely wrong!
Once you take a look at how big companies operate, it’s important to know which ones are the best fit with your company. One of the best ways to get in the door is by knowing someone on the inside who can put in a good word for you.
If you’re not sure where to start and feel a little intimidated about catching big fish, try our FREE test drive to get help.
Today I’d like to talk about how to turn prospects or leads into customers and keep them on your list for future marketing too.
While, your marketing is doing its job, and your list is growing, you need to be working on turning those leads into customers. There are a few ways to this. To have them buy your product or service and create a sale.
To be able to do this you need to be:
The biggest fear of most new customers is “buyer’s remorse“. You want to avoid this at all costs and this should be lessen or decreased when you provide a quality product/service that delivers on the marketing claims you’ve made.
However, this “buyer’s remorse” isn’t always taken away by what you offer. There are two ways to deal with this and give your buyers a good feeling:
- Offer to refund money-no questions asked
- Offer a bonus they can keep, even if they return the product
These offers alone create a feeling that the customer can trust you more, just for offering these things.
There are number of other ways to turn a prospect/lead into a customer:
- Offer a special price as an opportunity for you to test the market.
- Offer a lower price with the reason of pushing inventory to pay a bill, for your kid’s’ braces, or another tangible reason. Customers love that this makes you feel so much more human.
- Offer a referral incentive.
- Offer a smaller, more inexpensive product first to build trust.
- Offer package deals.
- Offer to charge less for their first purchase if they become a repeat customer.
- Offer extra incentives-longer warranties, free bonuses if ordered by a set date.
- Offer financing options, if possible.
- Offer a bonus or discount if they pay in full.
- Offer special packaging or delivery.
- Offer “name your own price” incentives.
- Offer comparative data or other comparison tools.
- Offer a trade-up or upgrade to something they already have.
- Offer additional, educational information to help them make the decision.
The options really are as limitless as you make it. You can use these or other ideas to find what works the best for your business, products/service and target market. Remember this…
“By making it inviting, easy, informative, non-threatening, educational, inspiring and fun to do business with you, you’ll loft your company above the competition.” Jay Abraham
Need help with figuring out the best strategy for converting prospects into customers? Our FREE test drive gives you exclusive access to the mountain of resources and tools, along with information from some of the greatest marketing minds on Earth.
Learn how to generate all the leads your business can handle and increase your sales…
WITHOUT spending a dime on marketing or advertising.
Photo by Campaign Creators on Unsplash